Mists of morning...

For a time I lived by water, swayed by its moods, conversing with its murmurings, lulled to sleep by its waves. My conscious and unconscious evolution was a reason to land there and linger for some years before circumstance effected change. Though rustic and primitive, my cabin and its windows on the water had much to teach; I took each lesson to heart and the result was transformation.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Chaos II

Traffic.

I find I simply don't wish to deal with it; nothing is worth becoming a prisoner of gridlock, of being trapped in a snaking line of cars curled back onto the highway. This manic Monday after a spate of holidays equates to insanity. Does it really all have to get done today?

In my mind, my list is quickly pared to essentials, and there are few of those. Sneaking back into a slot in the traffic flow, I find the quickest side road that will take me anywhere but where I am-- with few lights and even fewer cars.

Thus my day is only partially successful; my mind turns to back road simplicity as I remember a day when my friend and I, tooling down the dirt road to her mountain home, paused side by side with a neighbor, conversing through car windows for more minutes that I can remember now. A third car pulled up ... another neighbor joined in the conversation.
When this country-style gridlock dissolved, in a flurry of "nice to see you's" and "call me later's," our respective journeys continued.

No traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment